Buying a car is one thing and maintaining the car in a good condition is another. Now, for a car to be in good condition there are two aspects:
- The engine of the car should be in a healthy state
- The body and the interior of the car should be clean and without scratches
In this article, we are going to be discussing the interior of the car. The interior of the car includes the roof of the car, the seat covers of the car and mainly the car rugs or car carpets.
If you’ve owned a car for more than 6 months, you know what it takes to keep the car in a tip-top condition at all times. While the exterior body of the car is easy to clean, it just as easily gets dusted as well.
Opposite to this, the interior of the car doesn’t get dirty easily and is harder to clean off.
Most importantly, the car carpet is a pain to wash off. The dirt from under your shoes gets stuck in the carpet of your car whenever you place your foot on it. Similarly, it gets worse on the rainy days when you walk through the mud and sit in your car, it basically fills the car carpet with mud.
A frequently asked question of new car owners is, ‘how to get stains out of carpet’. For all the worst-case scenarios, there are ways you can clean your car using a different kind of car seat cleaners. Not only the car seat cleaners but you can use several other alternatives as well. To wipe dirt-off your car carpets, you can use car carpet cleaners from different companies.
When you talk about car seats, be ready for bulks of dust mixed with different food bits and drink spills. This is because the majority of us working officials like to have our lunch in our cars. Which makes it ten times worse than it can already get.
How to Get Stains Out Of Carpet?
There are several ways you can clean your car carpets. Some of them include using car carpet cleaners’ others include using a DIY car carpet cleaner.
Yes, you’ve heard it right!
Let’s get started;
1. Cleaning the Car Carpets Using DIY Car Carpet Cleaner
You can make your own car seat cleaner using a number of ingredients. The ingredients include:
- 2 tablespoons dish soap
- 2 tablespoons washing soda
- 2 cups of hot water
- Mixing bowl
- Cleaning bowl
- Clean towel
- Linen spray
Here’s how to clean car carpet using this homemade car seat cleaner:
- Mix the solution of all the ingredients mentioned above and you will have the solution
- First thing you need to do is to use vacuum to clean-off any extra fabric and bits from the carpet
- Gently clean the carpets with a cleaning brush before applying the mixed solution of homemade car carpet cleaner
- Now apply the DIY car seat cleaner by dipping the cleaning brush in the solution
- Gently rub the car carpet using the brush
After going through the process thoroughly, you’re bound to get fresh smelling clean car carpets of your car. This is the best way to clean the car carpet.
2. Cleaning the Car Carpet With Car Upholstery Cleaner
If you are one of those people who don’t want to make their own car carpet cleaner, you can buy one from your nearest car shop. Some of the best car carpet and upholstery cleaners are:
- CarGuys Super Cleaner, one of the most effective and multi-purpose car cleaners you will find in the market
- Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner, it is specially designed to remove stains that are practically hard to remove such as tar, coffee, tea and much more
- Tuff Stuff Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner, ‘if you’re wondering how to get stains out of carpet’ this car interior carpet cleaner has an intensive formula which takes out even the tiniest bits of dirt in your car
- Chemical Guys Upholstery Odor Eliminator, a great car upholstery cleaner which is specifically made to keep the fabric of the car look clean and feel smooth
Using one of the above-mentioned car seat cleaners, we assure you that your car is going to feel brand new with mind-boggling fragrance and ultimate shine.
3. Cleaning the Car Carpet Without Using Car Seat Cleaner
Although many people believe that the car seat cleaner can be used when asked ‘how to clean car carpet’. The car carpets need more aggressive rubbing. Since they get way muddier and dustier than seats, deep clean car carpets require extra car carpet cleaning service.
As having a car wash with a carpet cleaner can be damaging for the paint of your car. So can be the case when it comes to washing the car carpet with car seat cleaner. An alternative way of cleaning your car carpet is using steam. Car carpet steam cleaner loosens up the dirt particles from the seats which in turn makes it easy to jerk the dust off.
To conclude, here’s how to clean car carpet using simply a car upholstery cleaner and a brush.
Firstly, you need to take out the little pieces of paper, tissues or food and everything you can with your bare hands. Then, you have to brush off the remaining dirt particles with the help of a car cleaning brush.
Warning: Make sure you put a cover on your car seats as the dust coming out of the carpet could ruin your car seats.
After you’ve brushed off all the evident dust particles, it is now time to apply the car upholstery cleaner using the same brush. Thoroughly rub the carpet twice with the brush to properly remove each and every particle of dust.
In the end, take a cleaning cloth and wipe off the carpet of shampoo residue. Let the car carpet dry because you don’t want to leave it wet as it will cause mould underneath.
We hope this article has helped you in knowing how to get stains out of the carpet. Good luck!