Nowadays modern cars come with pre-installed car stereo system. Some come with radio or LCD. There are various types of car stereo system; one might not like the preinstalled system and wants car stereo replacement. The small cars have a system with limited functionality which youngsters and even some elders don’t like, and they want to replace it with an amazing system having multiple functions. There are many concerns arising in mind like how much does it cost to install a car stereo or how to install a car stereo. The main thing in car stereo installation is to know about the car stereo connectors, which must be remembered for correct car stereo installation.
Once you decided on car radio installation, the next thing is to decide whether you want to do it yourself or you can go for the best place to get a car stereo installed. If you opt for the best place to get a car stereo installed than you must first check out a few famous places that install car radios or install car stereo, then compare their services and car radio installation cost and choose the best place to get car stereo installed.
Cost of Car System Installation
How much does it cost to install a car stereo? The cost to install car stereo is determined by the components you wish to replace like speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, etc. So there is no definite answer to how much does it cost to install a car stereo. You can cut down the cost by going for a simple car stereo installation with fewer components. You can get an estimate of total cost by checking the prices of individual components and set the cost within your budget by skipping the unnecessary things like amplifiers and subwoofers. You can also bring down the cost by installing the system yourself without seeking the help of a professional person.
Steps for Car Stereo Installation
If you decide on a car stereo installation on your own, then you must know how to install a car stereo. It is not a difficult job if you have the right tools and you know how to take out a car radio. You just need to remember the car stereo connectors for connecting them properly. While buying a new car system, you must check if it is compatible with your car or not. Also, check if the new one fits in the space of your old stereo system properly or not.
An important thing to look for while car stereo installation is dash and console. It can make car radio installation a bit difficult. If your car has a little dash and console area than you are lucky to have an easier car stereo installation. You must have all the tool to take out the pre-installed car stereo and installing the new one including screwdrivers, wrenches and pry tools. For how to install a car stereo follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the negative cable of your car battery to avoid any chance of short-circuiting.
- The next step in how to install a car stereo is to take out the pre-installed car stereo system. Look through the trim, dash, and console and unscrew all the screws. Take out the trim and console carefully. You can use pry tools to lift the parts and remove them.
- After removing trim, dash and console components you can see your car stereo system. If it is screwed in the place unscrew them to put it out. If it is held in place without screws than you have to take it out with the tool depending on the car. When it loosens, pull the whole system out of place.
- The next step which is important in car stereo installation is to disconnect the wires. It is essential that you remember all the wires and car stereo connectors. Because if you forget and connect the wires wrongly than the new stereo won’t turn on. So unplug all the wires and connectors and remove the stereo system.
- Now take the new stereo system and go through its manual for installation instructions. Usually, the new systems come with wiring and connector instruction which makes it easier to connect the new one in place. If you don’t have a wiring manual than you have to match wiring and connectors according to the colors and soldier the proper connections. Connect all the wires and connectors while new car stereo installation including the wire to a power source, ground connection, and antenna cable.
- Don’t forget to connect the speaker wires with the new car stereo system.
- After connecting everything properly, check the system by turning it on. If it is working fine than keeping it in place is the next step in how to install a car stereo. After securing the system in place fasten all the screws back in the reverse order as you opened.
- Then place the trim, dash and console part back into place securing these with the screws properly.
- After getting all the parts in place turn it on again and check all the functions of the newly installed car stereo system. Remember to connect the negative terminal of the battery which you disconnect at the start of car radio installation.
Now all your queries regarding how to replace the car stereo and also about how much does it cost to install a car stereo. You can now replace your car stereo system like a pro at home by yourself using the right tools and remembering the wires and connectors. It has nothing fancy or difficult thing which you cannot do at home. If you can spare a little time, you can do it home and save money which a professional will take for car stereo replacement. The best place to get car stereo installed charges much more than the actual price of the stereo system.